Those traveling by airplane should schedule flights to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP).
There are a variety of transportation options from the MSP.
- Light Rail Transit: The easiest option is to take the light rail from the airport. You can walk directly from the airport to the Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 Blue Line Station depending on your airline. The Blue Line leaves the airport every 10 minutes during peak hours and every 10 to 15 minutes at other times of the day. Tickets are sold at ticket machines at the rail station. Take the Blue Line going towards “Target Field” to reach the “U.S. Bank Stadium” station. There, you can switch to the Green Line going towards “Union Depot” and arrive at “East Bank” station, which is a 1 min walking distance from Graduate Hotel. (Google map link for the direction)
- App-based Ride Services: Another convenient option is to utilize Uber, Lyft, or other app-based ride services. Pick up is on Level 2 of the Green Parking Ramp, above the Ground Transportation Center. The price ranges from $30-$40.
- Buses: City bus service is provided by Metro Transit. For bus fare and route information, call the 24-hour automated system at 612-341-4287.
- Shuttles: It costs approximately $20 per person to take a shared shuttle from the airport. If you have more than 3 pieces of luggage you will be charged an extra fee. Bus, van, and limousine service can also be scheduled.
- Taxis: Taxi service is available for approximately $40-$50. A $6.25 fare will be displayed on the Taxicab meter when you start your trip. This fee includes a $2.50 “flag drop” fee and a $3.75 airport access fee. Use taxis and shuttle services that have the name of the company clearly marked.
Please set your destination as Graduate Minneapolis Hotel (615 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis MN 55414). For parking options:
- Washington Avenue Ramp: Located closely to Graduate Hotel and the daily maximum rate is $15. An Electric Vehicle Charging Station is available at Level 2 down-slope toward public exit.
- Hotel Parking: Graduate Hotel offers self parking, which is available for overnight guests at a rate of $25/night. In the event that the hotel lot is full, parking will be validated for the Washington Avenue Ramp across the street from the hotel.
- For other locations, please refer to the visitor/public parking guide.